Updated: March 11, 2020
Dear Milestones Staff and Families
We at Milestones have been closely monitoring the rapidly evolving developments relating to the Novel (newest) Coronavirus. Our highest priority is the health and well-being of our Patients and Staff and want to let you know the precautions we are taking at this time.
- First, we are responding to the most updated reports from the CDC and from State and Local Government Agencies.
- We are asking our office staff and our nurses to stay home if they have a persistent cough, cold or fever of any kind, or if they think that they may have been exposed to the virus.
- We are asking our patients and their families if they have a significant cough, cold and a fever and/or have recently traveled to China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Italy or Iran, or they have been exposed to someone potentially infected with the Coronavirus, please contact their primary care physician for evaluation and alert us immediately.
- If you have any questions about this virus and wish to speak with a Public Health Expert in your preferred language, please call The Corona Virus Hotline at 1 (888) 364-3065.
We remain dedicated to providing a safe environment for our staff and our patients and will continue to monitor this developing situation closely and comply with recommendations and instructions from our State and Local Health Departments (see links directly below). We appreciate your understanding with any scheduling difficulties that may arise during this time.
Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns.
Thank you very much,
Milestones in Home Care, Inc.
- New York State, Department of Health
NYS COVID-19 Hotline: 888-364-3065
- Nassau County
COVID-19 Hotline: 516-227-9570
- Suffolk County
COVID-19 Hotline: 888-364-3065
- New York City
COVID-19 Hotline: 311
Dear Milestones Family,
We have put together this section to provide you with some important phone numbers, contact information and links to a variety of emergency contacts.
As per Department of Health Guidelines, we are reminding you of the importance in maintaining patient safety as well as our nurses’ safety. Each season brings inclement weather so the instances of your nurse possibly arriving late, calling in sick, or being unable to arrive to you safely may increase during these times. As we have witnessed in the past year, unforeseen situations have presented themselves, such as hurricanes, earthquakes, blackouts, and highway closures, that are beyond our control.
As always, Milestones In Home Care will continue to do everything possible to staff our patients safely. Maintaining the safety of our patients as well as our staff is our top priority and we will continue to strive to provide you with the best care possible.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Denise and Kelly
=========== =========== =========== =========== ===========
- Disaster & Emergency Readiness
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
General Info: (800) 621-3362
- PSEG Long Island (formally known as Long Island Power Authority (LIPA))
Critical Care Program: (800) 490-0025)
- Nassau County
Emergency Management: (516) 573-0636
- Suffolk County
Office of Emergency Management: (631) 852-4900
- National Grid
Gas Emergencies: (800) 490-0045
- American Red Cross
National Hotline: (800) 733-2767
- Poison Control
U.S. Poison Emergency: (800) 222-1222
- News 12 Long Island