Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
Under Local Law 96 of 2018, employers with 15 or more employees are required to conduct annual anti-sexual harassment training for all employees. New York State Law requires that employers of one or more employees must conduct anti-sexual harassment training for all employees.
The NYC Commission on Human Rights has developed an online training that will satisfy both the New York State and New York City anti-sexual harassment training requirements.
Read This Before You Take the Training
At the end of the training, you will get a certificate of completion. Your employer should tell you before you take the training how they want to receive the certificate.
- The training takes approximately 45 minutes.
- You can take the training on a computer or a phone.
- This training requires Chrome 67 (or later), Firefox 66.0.4 (or later), or Safari 11.1.1 (or later).
- You cannot save your progress. Do not refresh the page.
- If you reload the page, you may lose your place and have to restart the training.
Accessibility for Users with Disabilities
- The training is available to users with disabilities.
- There are audio descriptions for the videos.
- There is closed captioning for the videos.
- There is also closed captioning as part of the training slides that will appear in the rare instances when the screen text differs from the voiceover audio.
- There is alt-text for the images and the icons.
Employer Requirements for the Training
- In NYC, employers must keep a record of employees’ training and must retain records for three years.
- In NYC, training is required for employers with 15 or more employees.
- Employers must provide an annual anti-sexual harassment training.
To learn more about this and other requirements, please see the Frequently Asked Questions.
An anti-sexual harassment poster in English and in Spanish in an obvious place
An anti-sexual harassment fact sheet given to new employees
An anti-sexual harassment training for workers every year
Note: New York State requires that all employers have an anti-sexual harassment policy. The State Department of Labor has published a model policy.
How to save the certificate of completion:
- If you are taking this training on a desktop computer or laptop, you will be able to print or save the certificate to your computer.
- IMPORTANT: At the end of the training, you must click the “SAVE” button first in order to generate your certificate of completion.
- If you are on a mobile device, you can use the device’s capabilities to take a screenshot, save, or email the certificate.